Wednesday, September 8, 2010

rants about stuff and CourtesyFlush

I haven't blogged in a while. So, ummm. I really am not sure what to blog about. It kinda seems like an old fad for me to blog. I just like to mostly read what others have to say and learn from others. It's nice to give back though. I like to give back. Just I do it in a lot of other ways.

So I am still looking for a good job. I can't believe this has to be so difficult. Most places never give me a chance though. It's the recruiters that are the problem, because they aren't programmers looking to hire programmers. What ends up happening is they find someone that knows not a lot, but knows how to talk and brown-nose better than me. I wish to be interviewed by actual people that know what is going on. Not ones you can read about on TheDailyWTF. This is mostly the case when it comes to windows users. I laugh at windows. Because IT IS garbage. Ofcourse this is my personal opinion. I just prefer Linux. Not that I wouldn't write code on it or for it. Because it does get the job done, and in the end thats all that really matters. I'm sure my prayers will be answered though. I believe it with all my heart, brain and soul :)

I been running my computer business for a while now. It's not bad. Definitely beats working for someone else. That all depends on the conditions though. I love to work. It helps me deal.

A little while back I started another project. I have roughly 1000 bash aliases and functions now. It becomes very cumbersome to manage all those. So I created a little pyGTK application with quickly. I called it CourtesyFlush. It's on Launchpad. It scratches my itch. I added a bunch of code in there preparing for some new function in parsing the files and stuff like that. So look beyond that. I basically built it like junk. Because It's how I find out where to go with it. Once I figure out what features it requires I will rethink and OOP the code. I call it progressive building. Like climbing a ladder. As you climb up the ladder you progress up the ladder.

About the logo.


Yes, that is a toilet. Yes, that is python floating in the toilet. Yes, it looks like dung. Yes, It's funny to me, I find it amusing. I love python. It's an awesome language. I made the logo using InkScape (a opensource vector graphics application like Adobe Illustrator). Moving on.

I honestly barely ever use this application. Just once in a while. Mostly I just go with vim, nano, pico, cat or gedit.

Here are some of the current features this program has.

list functions and aliases and show source in a sourceview
display vte console to run aliases and functions
autorun and repeat running of aliases and functions up to 9999 times, no kidding(basically it just wraps your command in a for loop, no biggie. still saves even more time though)
and many more...

heres a screenshot(theres no guarantee this image will stay up)


Here are some features I still plan on adding at some point in time.

OliveGTK's gannotate
tilda's keybindings
commandlinefu in search
tabbed vte console
tabbed sourceview
and many more I can't remember atm...

This program is actually nothing really big. At least I don't think of it as a big deal. It just saves me some time at times.

If you like this program, let me know. If you find any bugs, let me know. If you want me to add more features, let me know. If you want to help, let me know. Anything else? let me know. Honestly, If you find bugs or something I expect you to try to fix it yourself. I may take a long while to fix it, depending on some life variables and such. If it pays though it'll get fixed 10 minutes ago. :) Like with anything else. Don't expect me to do any hand holding, unless it is your breast. haha, just kidding.

I like to know stuff, If you haven't figured it out yet. Knowledge is power, I thrive on that stuff. It's like food, only for my brain.

A lot of things in life are hit and miss. To make good stuff, you have to make a lot of garbage. Plus sometimes you may think something is so awesome that everyone needs or wants it, and the reality is that's not the case. Yet, sometimes you may do something as the spur of the moment and it'll get so much attention that it blows your mind. Anyway, I have nothing more to say now. Back to reading and learning more stuff.

English is not my primary/native language. Which means that you may get insulted. If you can get passed that though then more power to you. There's more important things to worry about than proper wording, pronunciation or the arrangement of words, IMHO. Some may say otherwise. Liba/Riba, same thing.

No comments: